Hi, my name is Jen Smith. And, you guessed it… I help people with social media. But it’s more than just teaching you how to use Facebook ads, Twitter lists and Instagram stories.
My business is designed to help your business grow online.
▪ creating a business winning social media strategy
▪ mapping out your online content plan
▪ training you in how to make the most of each social network
▪ writing email newsletters and blogs that convert
▪ or developing a full marketing strategy during a retreat
… my goal is always to help you find and keep more customers.
I’ve been running Jen Smith Social Media for almost four years now, having decided that the bright shiny lights of freelance life were worth trying. Plus, I was ready to leave the 2-hour-each-way commute to London behind and wanted to challenge myself beyond my perceived limits.
With plenty of hard work, consistent marketing (the kind I teach) and a good dose of luck it paid off.
Some of the results and things I’ve achieved in the last four years include:
▪ Developing and supporting the implementation of a client’s content strategy that resulted in 40% uplift in sales and the business announced as winners of the Marketing and Promotion Award at Arun Business Partnership Awards 2016
▪ Helping my client added over 10,000 targeted prospects to their customer database and 3,000 fans to their social media audience within 4 weeks of implementing the digital campaign and social media training I provided
▪ Increasing targeted traffic to a client’s website by 266% following content audit, optimisation and implementation of SEO focused content strategy
▪ Reaching 19 million people on Facebook with one video which generated 8.4 million views, over 98k shares and 43k comments. This resulted in 32,000 new fans and followers, 1600 new email subscribers
▪ Writing a series of blog content for global brand that generated on average 20,000 likes, 2,300 shares, 650 comments on Facebook
▪ Travelling the world for work: visiting Rome, New York, Florence and Glasgow in person and Sydney, Qatar, America and France via Skype
▪ Speaking and being invited to be a panel expert at various business events in the UK
▪ Being given my own regular show on businessradio.co.uk
▪ Writing for and being featured a wide range of publications including The Huffington Post, The Independent, AATcomment and FeelGoodNetwork
It has been an incredible adventure so far, and I have been so fortunate to work with such a breadth of fantastic business owners and professionals. You can read what they have to say on my testimonials page or check out who they are below.
I enjoy working with passionate business owners and entrepreneurs. If you have a project in mind and want to work with me, please get in touch.
Jen Smith Social Media’s Client Roster
AAT.org, OfGem, Informa, Great Ballard School, University of Chichester, West Sussex County Council, Chichester Chamber of Commerce, Huntswood, Paddington Now Business Improvement District, SpringCreate, Advice4Business, The PR Network, Simon’s Cat, Dashwood Studio, Pink’s Vintage Ice Cream, Royal British Legion Industries, Free2Learn, Baby Sensory, Social Media Advance / Imparture
On behalf of Social Media Advance/ Imparture:
Delivering content strategy, social media, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn training.
LEGO, Harrods, Marriott Hotels, yell.com, Goodwood, Office Angels, DP World, Mencap, Edelman, Rovi, RBS, Lotus F1 Team, London Southbank University, Royal Horticultural Society, AVG, QVC & Dennis Publishing
I have written for, and been featured in:
The Huffington Post, The Independent, The Times, AATcomment, Informi, FeelGoodNetwork, Simons Cat, Off The Leash, Pretty.co.uk, The Sunday Mirror, WIRED magazine, Nuts Magazine, Loaded Magazine, Bliss Magazine, Kohl Magazine and Sound Online.
Jen Smith is an award-winning independent consultant providing social media and content strategy, production and training services to a range of businesses and organisations across the UK and internationally.
A bit of personal info…
I love getting to know my clients: finding out what makes them tick and what’s important to them beyond their business. So it’s only fair you know a little bit about me:
I live in the middle of the South Downs National Park with my fiance Tim and tabby cat Monty. After meeting in New Zealand during our gap year and after ten years together, Tim and I are getting married on a Greek beach this May.
I love to travel and in 2016 visited Glasgow, Zakynthos, Florence, Rome, New York and Thailand. I have my sights set on Bali and Barcelona next.
In my spare time, I draw mandalas (intricate cyclical designs) and teach Mandala Meditation. I also sell my artwork, wall stickers and have painted a large scale mural on a houseboat.
On Monday evenings I head to my local observatory to study astronomy (that’s the stars and space, not horoscopes. But if you’re asking, I’m a Libran). I am fascinated by the moon.
If I could change one thing about the world, it would be to end animal cruelty. I’m currently looking at the best way of supporting animal charities such as Save Elephant Foundation through my business. For now, I volunteer at my local animal shelter.
My fantasy dinner party VIPs would be Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling, Tim Peake, Elizabeth Gilbert and Leonardo DiCaprio. We’d talk about animals, writing, space and the environment and I’d cook spring rolls and a mean veggie Pad Thai.
If that’s not enough insight, feel free to stalk me further on Instagram.